A good dehydrator is a must for any gardener or homesteader. I have had my Excalibur 9-Tray Dehydrator for a few years now and it is an invaluable tool come harvest time. I constantly have it filled- with calendula, herbs, hot peppers, zucchini chips or zucchini candy.
What exactly can you do with an Excalibur Dehydrator?
You can use your dehydrator to preserves most of your garden harvest:
Then there is homemade fruit leather for an easy and nutritious snack. Dehydrators aren’t only for food either: 23 Practical Ideas to Get More Out of Your Dehydrator
Which Dehydrator is best for you?
This giveaway has ended, but you can check out a comparison and buying guide to the best food dehydrators on my Complete Guide to the Best Food Dehydrators!
Excalibur Dehydrator Features:
Excalibur Food Dehydrators offer the following:
- It is really big. With trays measuring about 14″x14″
- This dehydrator features a 7 inch, 600 watt fan
- Has an adjustable Thermostat ranging from 105◦F to 165◦F
- Trays are made from BPA-free plastic
- No rotation is needed to evenly dry your foods
- You remove/adjust the trays to dry larger things, rise bread, or make yogurt.
I use my Excalibur Food Dehydrator ALL summer long. I use it to dry herbs (like my favorite calendula!), make veggie chips (like these cucumber chips), make goat milk yogurt, and my kids favorite- pineapple zucchini candy!
© 2014 – 2018, Sarah R Toney. All rights reserved.