This policy is valid from July 2013.
What Information We Collect:
Information you voluntarily submit to The Free Range Life. This includes personal information such as your name or email address that you submit to The Free Range Life when leaving a comment or optin to receive our newsletter.
Automatically Collected Information. The Free Range Life collects certain information about you, the devices you use to access our site. This includes information such as your IP address, operating systems, browser, referring website, and the pages you viewed. We may also collect information about the actions you took while on The Free Range Life
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by The Free Range Life. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
How Your Information May Be Used:
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain The Free Range Life website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on The Free Range Life;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information:
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, The Free Range Life may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of our website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Free Range Life currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on The Free Range Life. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
Statcounter – this is an anonymous anonymous web tracking service that collects data such as IP addresses. You can opt out of Statcounter cookies here.
This list may be amended from time to time at The Free Range Life’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent.
Anonymous Data Collection:
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly Visible Information
If you leave a comment on The Free Range Life, certain information may be publicly visible such as your name or a link to your website. Your email address will never be available publicly.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by The Free Range Life, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our website may be usable.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Free Range Life may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
The Free Range Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, The Free Range Life will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On The Free Range Life, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking codes. The code is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking codes, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows The Free Range Life to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Rights Related to Your Personal Information
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
Children Under the Age of 13
The Free Range Life does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Last Updated May 4, 2018
The Free Range Life exists because readers like you not only read, comment and share, but click on our ads or buy products after clicking links on our site. Occasionally, we will review products on this blog. The products we review are ones we have personally bought and used or have been given to us by company for the purpose of the review. The views and opinions expressed in these reviews are always my own. Being given a product to review, or being paid to post about something will not influence the way we write about it.
Ways we make money on this site:
- Affiliate Links – Some of the links on The Free Range Life are affiliate links. When clicked they will take you to a site to learn more about and purchase products. Read more about our use of affiliate links below.
- Direct Product Sales- The Free Range Life has a collection of products for busy homesteader’s. The products can be found on our shop page.
- Ad Sales – We accept payment for advertisements on our sidebar and in our content. If you see banners and ads on this site they’re helping to pay our hosting, domain and marketing costs.
- Sponsored Posts – From time to time we may partner with a company we trust. These posts will be marked as such and disclosed within the post as well. Sponsored posts will be written by us, about a topic you love, but paid for by a third party. As always, sponsorship will not affect the views and opinions expressed in the post.
- Product Reviews – If products are given to us for review purposes we will always let you know if the product you’re reading about was given to us. If I am compensated for my time to provide a product review we will disclose that fact within the post.
More about Affiliates
Some of the links on this website are affiliate links. Affiliate links may be included in the body of posts, within reviews or the sidebar or footer area of this website. If you follow an affiliate link to a company or product and make a purchase we will get a small percentage of the sale. There is no added cost to you. The Free Range Life is an affiliate partner of the following:
- Amazon Associates
- A Modern Homestead
- Start a Mom Blog
- Healing Harvest Homestead
- Online Gardening School
- and more….
This list may be amended at any time.
© 2013 – 2018, Sarah R Toney. All rights reserved.