I am Sarah. That’s my family up there- my husband, Paul, and our 6 kids! We live on a homestead in Western North Carolina, and together we are living The Free Range Life!
Here’s a little about me, my family and our life:
- I was born on a West Virginia homestead. Even though I grew up in the city, I have always wanted to get back to my roots, and the land.
- Our children are all homeschooled.
- We live on 10 acres that border the Pisgah National Forest, not too far from the Blue Ridge Parkway. You can’t beat the view from my front yard!
- We raise chickens, ducks and goats. As well as the occasional fiber or meat animal. My children believe there is no pet better than a chicken!
- Our main goal is to live as sustainably as possible. To grow and raise our own food. And to raise our children to know where there food comes from and how to get it for themselves.
- We also run a small family farm, selling eggs and produce from our home and breeding registered, top quality Nubian Dairy Goats. You can find out more about our farm under the Free Range Farm tab. If you are in the area, we’d love for you to stop by!
- I also write about life and homeschooling over at It’s a Boy’s Life. If you’d like to get to know the personal side of me come and visit me over there!
- I am the author. You can find my young adult novel, Milky Way Summer, on Amazon! (aff. link)
I hope you find my articles informative and that they inspire you to try new things, get back to living simply and sustainably and enjoy the earth beneath your feet! If you have any questions or comments for me, feel free to email me or find me on Twitter, Facebook or Google+!
If you are interested in learning more about homesteading, sustainable living and gardening, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter!
© 2013 – 2016, Sarah R Toney. All rights reserved.